Drove Brian to the Scout store...$35 later...we bought a new scout shirt. (He's the new Webelos leader.)
. Drove Brian to Costco to work for the day. (And I didn't go inside to get a piece of pizza.)
. Remembered I had to bake something for the Arrow of Light (cub scouts) ceremony tonight. I decided to make cupcakes.
. Mixed the batter, went to get the eggs out of the fridge and realized...I had no eggs.
. Loaded the kids in the car AGAIN to drive to Albertsons and get eggs.
. Unloaded the kids AGAIN and finished making the cupcake batter...I put them in the oven.
. I put them in the oven just a bit too long...they came out too brown on the bottom. Oh well...if I put a ton of frosting on the top, they won't notice, right?
. Drove Maegan to Kindergarten.
. Went to put Nathan and Matt down for naps so I could have a little break...ha ha ha...and remembered that their "fluffies" (blankies they sleep with) were both wet in the washing machine because they had both peed on them during the night in their beds...along with the rest of their bedding. Neither one of them can take naps with out their fluffies.
. Put the fluffies in the drier and comforted myself with the hope that they would go to bed early if they didn't take a nap now...another ha ha ha moment.
. Got out the sewing machine so I could sew patches onto my boys' scout shirts. INSERT: If none of you have had the extreme pleasure of sewing patches onto scout shirts, man...Well, lets just say, I couldn't envy anyone more. END INSERT.
. Started sewing patches...Got halfway through one number of their troop, and my thread broke.
. Re-threaded the sewing machine.
. Started sewing patches again. Got half way done with Jacob's shirt, and realized that I had sewn one side of the sleeve to another. I won't INSERT in the words that were said in my head at this moment. (Seriously, if I weren't LDS, I don't think I'd have very many friends because of the words that would liberally spew out of my mouth at times like these!!!)
. Picked out the stitches and started over (!!!)
. Sewed on Ben's numbers perfectly! While Nathan did a table dance in only his diaper and socks in the kitchen...constantly saying "mama mama mama mama mama mama mama"...
. Sewed on Brian's numbers, and most happily realized (this is sarcasim people!) that I had sewn the number 3 on backwards. (#^%@$!)
. Finished the sewing about and hour after I had planned on. It was at this point that I whole heartedly started believing that whomever came up with the idea of moms sewing on their boys' scout patches is sick and evil!
. Loaded the kids into the car and drove to pick up their siblings from school.
. NOTICE: This is the last full day of school for the kids before summer break. Which is why I currently have a pile of papers, folders, art projects, and random junk pulled out from the recesses of their desks, strewn about in a huge mess in my kitchen...The same kitchen that I had just cleaned before they came home, by the way.
. Got the kids a snack...Came to type this...
. Currently, Jacob is chasing Matthew around in circles as Matt screams "DON'T!!!" over and over...Nathan is crying in his crib after being put their in time-out because he just made a stew of cheetos, water and cheerios all over my kitchen floor...and Maegan just told me she feels like shes going to throw up.
. If I murder my husband in the night, do you think the excuse "But officer, he made fun of my burnt cupcakes and crooked scout patches" be a good enough defense?
. This is my therapy.
3 comments:
Oh, Lisa...don't you realize that all this happened because you moved away from us? It's karma, I tell you. Just kidding. I'm sorry you had such a frustrating day! We need to come up with a better word for it. Frustrating just doesn't go far enough, does it??
:D Call me! Can you come over tomorrow? Gotta go, Nathan just dumped his bowl of barbie cereal on the floor and is smashing it because Matt is laughing at him...it just doesn't end.
YES!! It is legal to murder a husband who makes fun of your burnt cupcakes...I laughed so hard about the patches because I have labored and labored over those things and then someone told me you can iron them on! AAAAAAAAAARGH!!
Post a Comment