Ok, seriously people, I need your opinion. I know it's a long way off, but I really want to get my college degree. The problem is, I'm not exactly sure what to get it in. You all know me pretty well...some probably more than you'd like to...but I want you to tell me what you think I would be good at. Just keep in mind, I am not good in math, chemistry, or drama. Other than that, let loose and be creative...I need your advice! I'm curious to see what you all think I'll be good at.
4 comments:
I still like the Library Science idea. I know I'm not being very creative, but that is a big "talent" or "love" that you have. Books and Poetry. That's one thing I remember from high school, your poems. Especially the one about my puke rust truck! Hey, maybe you could try your hand at writing children's books. Good luck with figuring out what to be when you grow up!
You've already got a master's in "Mom-hood" what else do you need!? ;p Right now Emily and I are looking at your site. She wants you to add her to see if she can keep tabs on you too. :) Let me know!!! Love ya!
Alright...I haven't been ignoring this post. I've actually been thinking a lot about it :) I keep coming back to teacher. I think you'd be a great high school English/literature type teacher or an art teacher. I also like your friend's suggestion of library science. I forgot we had talked about that. I think that would fit you very well, also.
Something I wish I'd done: study a subject that interests you rather than something related to what you want to be. If you're like 90% of people these days, what you do will change over the course of your life (likely half a dozen times or more...). So, I think college should be about discovering things that you love. Here's a great article on the subject (Sorry, it's a bit long): http://www.paulgraham.com/love.html
Love ya...
Post a Comment