Friday, August 22, 2008

2 Perfect Days...

August 20-21...A historic couple of days. Brian and I took our first EVER vacation with NO children! Oh man, I just can't quite put into words how wonderful it was.

Most of you know of our love for music, and especially for Radiohead. We fought like madmen to get tickets online for their Seattle area show when they went on sale, and were lucky enough to get them before they sold out (which only took 25 minutes!) So, that is the reason we took this little trip. It was only 2 days, but it was so so so nice. Did I mention we had NO kids with us???

We drove through the middle of Washington state from Spokane (our home) to Auburn. We crossed over the Columbia River on the way and stopped to take these pictures...









Then, on to the concert. We had been waiting for it for so long, and it was so worth the wait! Their new album is called "In Rainbows" and we were literally "in rainbows" at the show...it rained most of the time.




Luckily, we had super duper seats...they were in row 105 (101 is the first row of seats behind the pit), and almost smack dab in the middle...and they were covered; we felt so bad for the people out on the lawn in the rain all night. So, here are some pics and clips of the best concert I have ever been to....Absolutely amazing.














...these aren't the greatest recordings ever, but I still had to share...

We had such a great time. We came home energized and ready for school to start, and loving our kids even more because, did I mention, they were NOT there? :D

This blog entry is dedicated to Richie...we know this was your gift to us...

We love you and miss you more than we can say.

Because our home loves someone in Heaven, part of Heaven is in our home.

No comments: